2.8 Structure of distribution
Marsyas is primarily targeted to researchers and software
developers who want to build new systems and applications using
existing building blocks. Therefore familiarity with the
directory structure of the Marsyas distribution is important for
any serious work with the framework.
The main marsyas directory consists of the following files:
- AUTHORS, COPYING, README, TODO: these files are
self-explanatory. Changes are recorded in
svn log messages
instead of a Changelog file.
In addition there are the following subdirectories:
- src/ all the C++ source files.
- src/marsyas/ the main directory containing all the
important source code of Marsyas. The source files in this
subdirectory are compiled into a static library that other
programs can use to access Marsyas functionality.
- src/apps/ the source code for executables.
- src/marsyasqt/ source for the static library MarsyasQt,
which allows the use of Marsyas in Qt applications.
- src/Qt4Apps/ provides GUI interfaces using Qt4. These
will not work with earlier versions of Qt. You must have Qt4
installed in order to use or compile these applications. A README
file is supplied with each one that has instructions on how to
compile and run it.
- src/tests/unit_tests/ tests for individual MarSystems.
- src/tests/black-box/ tests for apps.
- doc/ contains the source for the user manual (which you
are currently reading) and developer manual.
- scripts/ useful scripts to help programming with
- scripts/MATLAB/ MATLAB scripts.